Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #129
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by guma View Post
I also doubt that there are many people who are driven to buy books from KOBO just because of the stuff displayed on the home screen of their ereaders. But there may well be some people (I for one) who refuse to consider buying anything from them because of the permanent and annoyingly intrusive reminders that there exists something like a KOBO book store.
Hear, hear!

I specifically purchased the Kobo instead of a Nook or Kindle because I didn't want a store shoved in my face, and here they go sneaking more and more of the store. Add in the fact that the Kobo store is, IMO, the worst implemented ebookstore only makes things worse. (No cart, horrible search, wishlist I can only add to or remove from a recommended read, no way to stop a book from syncing other than to delete it, the side pop-up, etc.)

Last edited by artifact; 10-05-2012 at 06:21 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote