Have you ever added or deleted books from your calibre library, only to find that you forgot to add or delete them from your ebook device later when you connected it? Or ever just wanted a big, easy to click eject button on your toolbar?
That's what SmartEject does.
When you attach your device, you can have an eject button on your 'device connected' main toolbar. When you click it, it checks for duplicate, added or deleted books on the device and offers to show them to you if there are any.
Main Features of SmartEject Plugin:
- Top level device eject button, suitable for main toolbar.
- Check for duplicate books on device before ejecting.
- Check for books in library, but not on device before ejecting.
- Check for books on device, but not in library before ejecting.
- Configure which checks to perform on a library-by-library basis.
- Configure the searches to use to perform the checks on a library-by-library basis.
- Requires Calibre v0.8.57 or later.
- With large or complex libraries, displaying the lists of dup/added/deleted books can be slow.
This plugin has translations for:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Checking Preferences > Searching > 'Limit the searched metadata' and setting the columns to search to 'title, authors, tags, series, publisher, comments, identifiers' (NOT any of my custom columns) speeds up the display searches for me a fair bit.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.
Version 2.0.3 - 17 Nov 2014
New translation for Catalan, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Set internal name to 'SmartEject'--you may need to re-add the plugin to toolbar, menu, etc.
Version 2.0.2 - 08 Sep 2014
New translation for German, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Version 2.0.1 - 19 Aug 2014
New translation for Greek, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Version 2.0.0 - 22 Jul 2014
Now supporting Qt5 and Calibre 2.0 (currently in beta).
Translations updates to Spanish, French, Swedish and Ukrainian and new translation Portuguese (Brazil), courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Plugin zip file now uncompressed for performance per Kovid's recommendation.
Version 1.0.4 - 02 Jul 2014
Add Swedish & Ukrainian translations, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Version 1.0.3 - 22 Jan 2014
Add Spanish translation, courtesy of Terisa.
Version 1.0.2 - 11 Nov 2013
Allow for translation of plugin. Currently it has English and French (courtesy of Ptitprince).
Version 1.0.1 - 22 Jun 2013
Missed one place making SmartEject searches configurable.
Version 1.0.0 - 21 Jun 2013
Make searches configurable.
Version 0.1.0 - 05 Oct 2012
Initial public release.