Have you ever added or deleted books from your calibre library, only to find that you forgot to add or delete them from your ebook device later when you connected it? Or ever just wanted a big, easy to click eject button on your toolbar?
That's what SmartEject does.
When you attach your device, you can have an eject button on your 'device connected' main toolbar. When you click it, it checks for duplicate, added or deleted books on the device and offers to show them to you if there are any.
Main Features of SmartEject Plugin:
- Top level device eject button, suitable for main toolbar.
- Check for duplicate books on device before ejecting.
- Check for books in library, but not on device before ejecting.
- Check for books on device, but not in library before ejecting.
- Configure which checks to perform on a library-by-library basis.
- Configure the searches to use to perform the checks on a library-by-library basis.
- Requires Calibre v0.8.57 or later.
- With large or complex libraries, displaying the lists of dup/added/deleted books can be slow.
This plugin has translations for:
- Portuguese (Brazil)
Checking Preferences > Searching > 'Limit the searched metadata' and setting the columns to search to 'title, authors, tags, series, publisher, comments, identifiers' (NOT any of my custom columns) speeds up the display searches for me a fair bit.
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.