Originally Posted by Auricle
Just picked up my Glo at Chapters today. So far so good. And I was able to load an Epub to it though it took me a bit to go through all the initial hoops. There's probably other ways to do this but here's what I had to do (and this seems to be the way suggested by Kobo according to their help).
- First I had to install Kobe Desktop and synch and update the Glo
- Then I had to install Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) - Google for it.
- Then I had to login in to my Adobe ID. I had an Adobe ID already so I just used it.
- Then I had to Authorize my computer in ADE
- Then I had to Authorise my Glo in ADE
- Then I had to load my Epub in ADE
- Finally I used ADE to load the Epub to my Glo
Of course, now that all this is setup, it should be much more straightforward.
Hope this helps anybody else doing this for the first time.
wtf... you had to do all that JUST to read ePub?!
also, is ADE mandatory? i hate that shit...