View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
Oxford-eBooks
Connoisseur
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
page-break-after:always; can be converted into a real page-break, avoid cannot.
Looks like that's true.

Both

<div style="page-break-before:always;"></div>

and

<mbp:pagebreak/>

have the same effect on the Kindle 3 device and on Kindle Previewer.
It looks like Kindle Previewer doesn't have the 3.5 update in it yet as the K3 previewer isn't showing embedded fonts. So I guess that kind of points to the CSS being intercepted and recoded as a <mbp:pagebreak/> because it even works on the DX previewer.

Anyhoo... back on topic, I'm just going to have to use fall-back methods to TRY to ensure that captions stay with the images.
I've got a nice robust method now that's working on all devices for the book I'm currently working on - it's got LOADS of images and captions.
The publisher didn't want baked-in captions as the font wouldn't match the body text. I was right to avoid that too because it looks like Amazon have updated the font in 3.5 and who knows what they'll do in the future.
Baked-in also kills the read-aloud (doesn't look like it reads the ALT or TITLE or CAPTION text either), and also no good for those that need a larger font due to sight problems.

Last edited by Jellby; 10-05-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: disable smilies in tags
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote