Thread: Touch Firmware 2.1.4
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 03:58 AM   #85
rashkae
Addict
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
SD Card still flaky, but otherwise great

Alas, my KT is now useless for reading from the SD Card. Waking from sleep while reading an SD loaded book crashes the Kobo every time. But besides that, I think this update is great. Kobo has finally untethered from the cursed PC desktop app... I can even delete the database entirely and the Kobo will gleefully create a new one on boot. Still requires Kobo account (or the fake database entry,), but at least now, in theory, the Kobo can create it's own account with a Wifi network, a large improvement.

Text rendering with the built in fonts is astoudingly improved, and page turns nice and fast. It took a few years, but I think the Kobo is finally living up to it's potential. I might just have to buy a Glow to play with at this rate.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote