View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #6
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksor View Post
That means you will get your PW from the same batch, while the new one could be somewhat different. Or not. We'll see.
Well I assume all the current units shipped so far were from the same group of first batches. No way to tell how many batches were done to get the initial stockpile, nor how many plants from which these batches came. It is probably a very small percentage of them that are bad and it might not have anything to do with a bad batch per se. It might be a bad shipment of parts that got incorporated into one or more batches. It might be a flaw in the manufacturing process wherein a few units get toasted. Who knows. I hope this one is good. I think the odds are pretty high it will be as most people seem to have received really good units.

EDIT: I'm definitely keeping the defective one until after I get the replacement so I can compare the two. If the replacement is better I'll try to get some good side by side photos. If they are both bad I'll probably send both back and wait for generation 2 or 3. But I'll cross that path when and if I need to. For now I'm thinking positive thoughts about the replacement.

BTW: It is kind of ironic that prior to receiving it, I had named the defective PW Shadowlands. I meant it as a tribute to C. S. Lewis but maybe the PW took it to heart!

Last edited by jswinden; 10-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote