View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #593
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
I do not know how to get in USB Downloader mode on my Paperwhite that was delivered today. I tried "magic key" of one-finger touch, two-finger touch, USB calble in/out, magnet sensor, mag sensor plus one-finger touch, mag sensor plus two-finger touch. All touches were near the bottom. The mag sensor is about one inch (2-3cm) up from the bottom on the right side. Holding a magnet over it puts it to sleep (with screensaver image). Removing the magnet wakes it up.

Could it be sensitive to finger touches in other places on the screen? Can the capacitive sensor detect more than two fingers? Is there another magnet sensor needed for USB Downloader mode? Is it an INTERNAL jumper that we need to get into USB Downloader mode?

The easy stuff did not work.

For now, we will need to do serial port debricking for the Paperwhite.

EDIT: And I cannot add an ENABLE_DIAGS to the USB drive, because it is a zero-byte drive. Perhaps I need to select a language before it will export the USB partition? I will try charging it overnight before trying again...

@Zlatomip: Congratulations! I added your success report to "the list".

@icantbebothered: How did you get so much multi-mega-karma, with the vast majority of your posts in the "Unutterably Silly" thread, and having only been a MobileRead member for a couple of months now? Please provide a link to your most spectacular post that got you the largest karma donation. I really want to know.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-04-2012 at 04:37 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote