View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #17
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
NiLuJe,

Will the JBPatch work on the Kindle PW? If not, do you know if efforts are underway to update the various hacks for the PW (i.e. JBPatch, Collections Manager, etc...)? The Kindle PW firmware is version 5.2, FWIW.

Right now I'm manually adding my 400+ books to collections on my PW as it appears that there's no workable Collections plugin for the Touch/PW. To be honest, trying to figure out exactly what hacks I would need for the PW has been very confusing to this non-hacker!

Come on people, get real!

The PW has been shipping for exactly ONE DAY now, and it's limited to the US.

Developers are spread all over the world - at least, I know for sure that NiLuJe and myself are in Europe, so we won't get a Paperwhite anytime soon (I expect to get mine in about a month from now, thanks to a friend in the US who ordered it and will ship it to me).

We can't develop anything for a device that we don't have.

PS: Yes, we will try to adapt the existing tools/patches to the PW. JBPatch, Collections Manager, and others, will (most probably) run on the Paperwhite. Once I actually get my hands on a PW, I'll tell you more.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote