Thread: Troubleshooting Paper White registration issue
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
jmmcg9
Enthusiast
jmmcg9 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Paper White registration issue

I'm really bummed. I received my new Paper White yesterday, but was unable to successfully "register" the device. I have an existing Amazon account that I have used on both my current 4th generation Kindle and a second generation Kindle. When I log into my Amazon account and "Manage" my devices, it shows my new Paper White. However, I have been unsuccessful at registering from within the device itself. I always get an error that the registration is taking longer than normal and will continue in the background while I "use" my Kindle. I contacted Amazon's support through the Chat system and after a long troubleshooting process, they are fed Exing me a new device. Has anyone else experienced this? Note, the experimental browser works fine, so my WiFi connection is not the issue. The Amazon support person (Ebrahim) was very friendly and acted swiftly to resolve my issue by sending me a new device. After reading about some of the uneven lighting issues, I hope I get a good one. The one I received looked great.
Cheers, Joe
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote