I have it installed now (manually) and played a bit with it.
What I noticed...
- No chess
- You can choose Dictionaries now. But... I removed all dictionaries but English-german, then clicked on an English word and got "no english dictionary installed". Grmpff...
- 2(!) crashes in the first 5 minutes, both related to dictionaries. But, at lease you can remove all the dictionaires that you really do not need, so it does not always start with the French one now for me (which I never wanted)
- German still does hypernation after/before just one single letter. I really wonder if anyone from Kobo ever reads all the complaints about these things...
- fast, but not faster than 2.1.1. Too slow to turn it off (takes over a minute until it's back and the card is accessable)
- still no change on the page-turn zones, e.g. "tap anywhere to forward, swipe to go back" or "tap lower half for forard, upper half for back"
The number of the firmware is 2.1.4 (r43710, 10/1/12)
These are the release notes:
- Install dictionaries in your preferred languages
- Enjoy faster page-turning and book loading
- Benefit from better text selection, highlighting and Wi-Fi performance
- Watch a new Quick Tour (available in Help)