View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #69
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
@elchamaco - I have three screens here at home (a 27" and two 24" in portrait mode either side) and there is never "enough" screen real estate .

The 0.5.905+ code bears little relation to the 0.5.3 code in a lot of critical areas, I certainly wouldn't judge this release based on your experiences with that. My own experiences of crashes with 0.5.3 were a similar level of frustration to the point of me joining the dev team to try to help.

Just one more question on the split view as I'm trying to divine from your response. If you had the ability to edit in Code View, while also having visible a readonly Preview window for that page (refreshed/synced at the tap of a key or mouse click) that could be undocked/placed alongside or on a second monitor, would that tick all the same boxes for you? Or is your use of Split View to make your edits in Book View and see the impact in Code View?