Thread: 360 Plus Where to buy a 360 (or plus)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360
No, I understand that current touchscreen technology doesn't hurt the contrast, and as far as that goes, a Pearl screen with touch enabled is still better contrast than I have on the PB360. The readers you mention all have Pearl screens (which would be great) but other than the nicer screens (and the touch interface which I view as a neg) what advantages do they have over the PB360?

My problem with touchscreen is that touching the screen (which I do sometimes indavertantly) affects what's on the screen. I don't care for touchpads on laptops for the same reason. I'd rather explicitly touch a control than have the software interpret a touch as a click.

A criticism I've seen of the PB360 is that the buttons are so stiff. That's one of the things I like about it. A page doesn't get turned unless I make an effort to turn it.

Now, if you could disable the touch interface, that would be fine, but since all other navigation controls have been eliminated, you'd still need touch for them.

Last edited by unkilbeeg; 10-03-2012 at 03:51 PM.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote