View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
Catlady
Wizard
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Libre Color
Unlike the author of the article, when I was in HS, we could certainly trash our assigned reading in class discussions and assignments. I can't recall any English teacher who ever made us treat the books like sacred cows, as long as we could back up our opinions.

I'm surprised--shocked--that the author despised Catcher in the Rye. That was one the few assigned books that was fun.

I do think that assigned reading can be overanalyzed and lessons can get bogged down in discussions of symbolism.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote