View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #29
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
so.. amount of effort to port across to the touch (paperwhite?)

I'm thinking diff the git clone "git://christian-hoff.com/kindle-4-kernel.git" against a standard 4 build src tree.

Then merge the changes into a 5 tree (with some judicious lookage before leapeage)
and shove it through buildroot as a patch for all 5'ish devices. (paperwhite 5.2 I'm looking at you)

Getting this procedure standardised in a simple "patch" (since we can affect the _def_config anyway before build in buildroot and provide our own) would make providing OTG USB a near-reality. Also the chances of someone actually doing some more work on the drivers would go up a great deal I would be bound.

So yeah. my thoughts.

Grab Git, Diff against a 4 clean, merge to a 5 src, build via BR.

Caveats anyone? please? Any patches out there for building the source that anyone knows of (obviously I'll try to search myself), fixes for name-space problems? anything?

I'm thinking I'll use the Linaro 2012.04 as that provides the route of least resistance for the average user.

For my money: think this goes on the RSN pile myself as the low-hanging fruit is far too juicy to let bit-rot on the vine...

Come on... external storage? games controllers? Keyboards? all pretty basic stuff that will fall in the "probably supported" category according to my reading of what is there right now.

Surely this is a must do. especially with the paperwhite bringing the lo-calorie pain in so many quarters.

Anyway, thought for the day. Get this done.

Last edited by twobob; 10-03-2012 at 07:33 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote