View Single Post
Old 04-25-2003, 01:57 PM   #3
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
I am not really sure if the increase in RAM helps to foster mobile content. I have most of my documents on external memory and that works very well with iSilo.
I wasn't thinking that ram would change the mobile content documents, but rather change the rules for developers. There is probably a practical limit on how big a program can get for users...anything much beyond 400k is going to be grumbled about. Now with RAM increasing rapidly, that figure may be more in the 1-1.5mb range for a program. With that extra room, what features might a developer add? What a could a reader or clipper program do with that much code?

Quote:
What I'd love to see is bigger and brighter screens. Oh and better a battery lifetime. Is that too much to ask?
For the first part I think they call them laptops.

As for the batteries...the new processors are supposed to be more efficient, so that may help...but there doesn't seem to be any real tech breakthroughs on batteries at the moment.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote