View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #244
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fosssil View Post
I am in the same boat...I was going to order two, but now after reading all "Early adopter " posts, its none until they get things sorted...

The opinion that I have is that the PW is having to drive the 3 LED's way too hard to do a job that Nook Glo with 8 LED's takes in its stride... I have a Nook Glo, and apart from the top inch the light is very even

I was going to purchase the PW's after considering the sum total of how it was presented , but the screen as it presents in real life just fails to deliver...there should be no "making do"...or "I can live with that"...its just not good enough at the moment...I feel they need a version 2...not just the FW, they need a hardware revision, or if there are some PW's that are OK, then better quality control..

The PW as is will damage Kindle's reputation I am sorry to say...

I am very disappointed, as now it appears my wife will be reading her older kindle and me my Nook Glo, right through Christmas and then until the problem gets sorted...I am green with envy no longer...

fosss
I don't have a dog in this fight because I don't plan to buy another reader until mine breaks or becomes obsolete, but here's Engadget's comparison between the Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight on the left and the Kindle Paperwhite on the right (both at max brightness).

The Kindle PW's lighting might not be as even as we've been lead to believe, but as far as displays go, it's unquestionably better than the NST (and I actually prefer Nooks on a software level because I'm an Android guy). I've also seen display models of the NST with GlowLight in stores and I was pretty disappointed.

Last edited by AZImmortal; 10-03-2012 at 04:56 AM.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote