View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:06 AM   #154
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Glo, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy20 View Post
He sat and tinkered with the Kobo and his machine (the mastermind of all that is internet connected in the house) and did do something with a MAC address, but I'm not sure exactly what he did. All I know is that my wifi now works and I can get books while wasting time in bed LOL. All is good and thanks for your reply.
Using MAC addresses to control access to your wireless network sounds like a good way to secure your wireless network but in the real world, it doesn't work worth a damn as it's all too easy to capture a few packets to find what MAC addresses are accepted and then assign a MAC address that will be accepted. Much like hidden SSIDs are babbled making them very little use in securing a network from any halfway competent script kiddie.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote