View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, iPad/iPhone
Confused about how to convert a certain book

I am trying to download an open-source book off this website:

http://opensiddur.org/2011/08/an-abr...tz-mayer-1866/

The explanation says this: "In preparing this edition, I transcribed the text and formatted it in STML (Sacred Text Markup Language), a format developed by J.B. Hare z”l, founder of the Sacred Texts Internet Archive. Hare used STML as an intermediary format for converting transcribed texts to HTML. Efraim Feinstein, lead developer of the Open Siddur Project, further developed STML as an intermediary format for converting transcribed texts to JLPTEI, the XML schema we use to markup Jewish liturgy and liturgy-related work for the Open Siddur’s database."

The resultant download option is in the txt format, but when I opened it with a text editor, it appeared to have markup in it which would likely format it somehow when opened in the right program. I downloaded it again and saved it as a .html file, then tried to convert that to mobi, and got weird characters everywhere.

What format is this book? How can I best convert it to read on my Kindle?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote