Picked up my KG today and have had a few minutes to play with it. This is my first e-reader. A few initial impressions:
- The screen seems notably whiter than the KT I've played with in stores. A noticeable improvement.
- I really like the texture of the screen. It sort of feels like paper.
- Initial setup was quick and easy. Had an update as soon as I connected it to wifi.
- Keyboard was surprisingly responsive. I was able to type just about as fast as I do on my iPhone.
- Once I logged into my Kobo account, the sync was pretty well done. After just a short wait I had all my Kobo books on the device.
- Quickly tried out the light in a relatively well lit area and, this is important to emphasize, it didn't look anywhere near as blue as I've seen in videos.
Looking forward to playing with it more later this evening. So far, it really feels like the most significant difference between the KG and KP is marketing; just holding and playing with the KG really makes it feel like a real competitor to the Kindle. We'll see how many firmware oddities I run into later tonight.