View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #62
jusmee
Guru
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch / Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Actually the device, at least the KT, is first rate... it's the firmware and whoever designs the interface that is 3rd rate. Personally I think the 1.9.17 firmware homescreen is the best by far. It's a shame really the Kobo has sooo much potential, they really need a top notch UI designer. The UI should be intuitive, not the way it is now.

We should stop making a distinction between hardware and software in this way (IMHO). The device is the whole thing, and it should be judged as to how it performs the purpose for which it was sold. I am so tired of waiting for firmware updates to fix problems that should NOT be present in a device when it comes to market. I once read someone saying we should just return any device that has buggy firmware that prevents it doing what it was advertised to do. I am starting to agree.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote