Thread: Which Are You?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #62
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timeunkilbeeg possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360
I didn't vote in the poll, since none of the options (not even 'none of the above') really work for me.

I love Amazon -- I spend *way* too much money with them for dead trees. I have never bought an ebook from them, however, and am not very likely to. It's not impossible, just unlikely -- I'd prefer not to have to go through the DRM-breaking exercise. I have a Prime membership, but I use it for free shipping, not streaming.

I have an Android phone, which I love. I'm not heavily "invested" in it, at least not financially -- I've spent about $15 in apps for it since I started with Android 3 years ago. There are a ton of excellent free apps. I did pick of a Nexus 7, and it's OK -- I don't have a lot of use for a tablet, but it's nice enough. I don't read (books) on either the phone or the tablet, too hard on my eyes. The tablet does seem to work fairly well for reading short form stuff like my Linux Journal magazine, but I don't find myself reading short form often.

I mainly read on a PocketBook 360, although there's a 360+ on its way since I seem to have damaged the corner of the screen on the 360 and it's streaking. I also have a couple of old Sonys (PRS500 and 505) and a 5" Astak EZ-Reader, but the Pocketbook is the ideal reader for me. Fits in my pocket, doesn't have a touchscreen, very customizable, almost perfect. If only it had Pearl...

No iDevices for me -- they're too limited. They do what they're designed to do very well. But they're less flexible, and are limited to what Apple thinks would be a good idea. I have a Macbook Pro, and it's nice enough -- but again, it's limited to what Steve thought would be a good idea. Whenever I use it I'm always wishing I had my Linux laptop with me. So most of the time I just carry that.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote