View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #28
Barneyabz
Enthusiast
Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.Barneyabz for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo Glo and Kindle 3
Hi all, like many here waiting to decide between paperwhite and glo. Currently on Kindle 3 wifi.

Leaning towards Glo as its here in UK and paperwhite isn't. Also something concerning me, and I am not sure if people have really picked up on this, is Kindle moving towards capacitive screens, means that you can't turn pages with gloves on (I know this was mentioned in a previous post but not many people have commented). This will really annoy me in the Winter months. Not sure what the advantage of capacitive is in this instance, I know that one reviewer that got a chance to play with both said one is not appreciably faster then the other. Against that though is the real dependability of the Kindle, found it a great piece of kit, not sure that Kobo is up to the same hardware and software standards. Really hate any software slowdowns or crashes. Also really interested to see how glo light compares to paperwhite, read that PW is more white whilst Glo is bluish white.

Oh well, guess we will have to wait for some side by side comparisons.

Cheers

Barney
Barneyabz is offline   Reply With Quote