View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 04:58 AM   #1265
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano, & a PC running Windows 9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
It's five along and four up, from white's perspective ....
Interesting. I'd always referred to that as K4 or "King four".

Doing a bit of quick research, I discovered there are two basic types of chess notation; Descriptive, with which I am familiar, and Algebraic, from whence comes the "E4" designation. To show just how far behind the times I am, the first of those links reveals that the World Chess Federation hasn't recognized descriptive notation in over 30 years.

Oh, and congratulations. icantbebothered says you're up!

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 10-02-2012 at 05:04 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote