View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Pulpmeister
Addict
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Marquis, Don: Archy & Mehitabel, v1, Oct 2012

Don Marquis (1878-1937) was a newspaper columnist, satirist and novelist whose best-loved creation was the cockroach archy, who was a vers libre poet in a former life, and who leaves poems on Don Marquis's typewriter, typed by diving head first onto the keys. Many of the poems cover the misadventures of mehitabel, the battle-scarred alley cat who was, she claims, Cleopatra in an earlier life.

This edition has about half the poems culled from existing sources, the rest scanned from a 1950s UK edition by myself, and the content matched to that edition. I am hoping that the content of this digital edition is a match to the 1927 US edition, which unfortunately I don't have.

Even if it doesn't, it is still a wonderful collection of favorites.

The cover is my own.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work..

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi archy and mehitabel (1927) - Don Marquis.mobi (266.3 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by Pulpmeister; 10-01-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Discovered error in index
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote