10-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Join Date: Aug 2012
Device: Nook2, Kobo glo, Kobo mini, iPad3
What is EpubSTAR?
EPUB is become a popular e-book standard and is open and free for all to implement. EPUB files can be read by MobiPocket, Adobe Digital Editions, FBReader, Stanza, the Sony Reader, and many other readers and applications.
EpubSTAR is a professional epub creation software for Tablet, SmartPhone and EINK users to make EPUB files, initially created by OXEN(LAO NIU). It offers a convenient way to import DOC/DOCX, TXT or markdown files and create all the necessary components of an EPUB file.
Main Features of EpubSTAR:
- Create professional and pretty ePub books.
- Convert Word, plain text and markdown documents quickly to read on new devices.
Simple operation, without any professional knowledge, just three steps, you can create professional and pretty ePub books.
text, DOC, DOCX, markdown import and epub format export
- Well Structured: Full printing books structure, cover, titlepage, introduction, preface, TOC, text, production instructions, copyright page etc.
- Standard and Conciseness: Compliance with epub specification, books have no no redundant code,
- Wonderful Typography
Table of Contents
1. Chapter auto split
2. TOC auto generation
3. Chapter auto split
Multi languages and character sets support
- Word to EPUB: Edit manuscript in Word and take advantage of Word's power and convenience to creat epub books.
- Text to EPUB: Conversion from TXT to epub.
- Markdown to EPUB: Conversion from markdown to epub.
How to get EpubSTAR?
EpubSTAR is available on FORUM:Installation and Requirement
Uninstallation:you can uninstall EpubSTAR in Add/Remove Programs in Windows control panel.
l WINDOWS XP/vista/7/8 and later.
l MS WORD (97, 2003,2007,2010,2013 and later) for Word-to-EPUB function.
How to report bugs?
- Support links and footnotes
- Support recognition of table, floating image (wrapping) , text box (frame), hyperlink function, inline style (HTML code) in word document.
- Custom styles: EpubSTAR also supports custom CSS for each style (or the whole style sheet) if required. (std/pro/ult edition)
Please report bugs or make comments using the forum (a thread per comment would be good), via private messages to the me(author), or via email to me.
Last edited by oxen; 10-29-2013 at 04:37 AM.