What could I possibly add to everything kiwidude listed
Despite all the features and polishing done for this release, its the stability that is really impressive (well, ok, for OS's that it starts on
). A lot of effort has gone into restructuring the code and tracking every known crash and and every known bug and fixing them (every reported bug in the issue log has been addressed). Find & Replace is rock solid now. And loading or opening invalid files is not only more robust (e.g., working around missing container.xml files) but able to avoid just exiting. So if you have any issues with this release please post the details!
For polishing, I don't think I can remember all the little tweaks done so you can find functions where you expect them and to just do what you expect them to do. And all the comments from the first beta were taken into account for this one.
But of course, its the features that are the fun part. I'll be exhaustively documenting them in the user guide, and you'll find all
the main ones in the menus, but here are a few you might have missed:
- Right-click on the text in a CSS file and you can re-format it automatically.
- Right-click on the Find or Replace box and you can save a search, and load the F&R box with any of your Saved Searches.
- Right-click on text in Code View and you can insert a saved clip text.
- Right-click (notice a trend? ) on an image in Book View and you can jump to its tab, or open it for editing.
- Right-click on the tab heading to select close all other tabs.
- Double-click on a tab heading or press F2 to toggle the Book View to Code View and vice versa.
- Ctrl-click on a character in the Special Character dialog to select and close the dialog.
- Your view state is now remembered when you restart Sigil, so if you only use Code View you never need to see Book View.
- Ctrl-space removes formatting in Book View, but can now delete tags from your selection in Code View.
- Clip Manager can be used to insert tags around a selection - just use \1 in your text to paste, e.g. <span class="example">\1</spa
- Clip Manager, Saved Searches, Special Characters can all stay open while you edit text.
- Saved Searches can be used to run your searches as an alternative to F&R.
- You can select an image from disk when using Insert Image.
- Insert Hyperlink lets you choose from all targets in your book, or enter others.
- You can go back to the last link you clicked using the Back arrow.
- Ctrl-T in Book View will show you the html tag for your location if you don't want to switch to Code View for a quick check.
- Reports can show words in your book, how many times you use an image, and right-click to delete images or styles in CSS.
- You can open images, text files externally and edit them and Sigil will load them when they're saved.
- In the Book Browser context menu for HTML files you can create a copy of the new file instead of a blank file.
- The default extension for new HTML files is .html instead of .xhtml.
- When generating a TOC you can edit the title or level of TOC headings and the document will be updated to match.