View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #151
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Relax !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Identical situation here (10/10) and I ordered within 10 minutes of the site going live on 9/6. Others who ordered on 9/7 have received shipping notices. Amazon's lack of shipping based on order receipt really ticks me off. A day or two is acceptable but a WEEK? No!
Personally, I think some of these PW's WiFi NSO are really with SO and there may be some confusion.

I ordered mine also within 60 seconds of the announcement and my PW WiFi NSO is scheduled for Oct 11. On the customer pending order page there is no distinction between the NSO and SO models in the description.

Personally, I believe the order delivery date is deciding which models we receive. On the other hand, if one did order the SO model, just a visit to one's account page can change it to an NSO model by a single click and a small payment of $ 15.

My conclusion, it paid to order the SO model and then change it to NSO upon receipt. At the time of order we didn't know that was possible. Also, the NSO model cost $ 20 more than the SO model. However, to change from SO to NSO on the account page only costs $ 15.

We, who ordered the NSO model, clearly made a mistake as regards delivery time and cost.

I also ordered a KF HD 7" 32 Gb model and have to wait until Oct 25. The lucky ones, who ordered the 16 Gb model, got them in mid September.

We just have to have patience. By November we will have all our new toys exept for those who ordered the KF HD 8.9" models.

I also have Prime 2 day delivery. It made no difference. It is possible that those, who paid extra for one day delivery, are getting a savings of one week.

Finally, I unnecessarily ordered a charger for the PW not realizing the charger for the KF HD charges that unit AND the PW perfectly.

I may take it up with Amazon CS to see if I can get some sort of credit. All those conditions were NOT made clear on the pre-order page.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-30-2012 at 10:38 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote