I did the following after installing python and working out how to run the latest unpack script.
Please can you confirm that this is the correct procedure one should now follow?
1. Start with my .mobi from the InDesign plugin.
2. Unpack it using the normal Calibre version of the plugin.
3. Edit to fix the font problem.
4. Edit to put in the line in the opf and an anchor before the title of Chapter 1.
5. Drop opf on Previewer.
6. Check file in previewer - all OK, starts at Chapter 1.
7. Copy to device. It starts incorrectly at the TOC.
All as expected. Now to test the start position on device:
8. Take the .mobi we were just testing and split
it using the new unpack.
9. Take the .azw3 and load into Calibre.
10. Test it in Previewer. All correct.
11. Test it in the device. It works correctly.
In step 8 I did get one error message about metadata which I assume is irrelevant:
Processing K8 format Ebook ...
Warning: Unknown metadata with id 534 found
Unpack raw markup language
Unpacking images, resources, fonts, etc
Write K8 ncx
Building proper xhtml for each file
So if this was a real book I would then take the mobi made in step 7 and upload it to KDP?
I've attached the test .azw3 file so perhaps someone can try it on different Kindle devices, i.e. Touch and Fire. I've had to change the extension from .azw3 to .doc - just rename it back.