View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #53
Randy11
Fanatic
Randy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseRandy11 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Privately I spend a lot of my time supporting Onyx users in forums. But now I see folks here talking about whose store offers cheaper products now.

I don't know. Perhaps other competitors are right. Why bother when you can just buy a good SEO stated and already build-up domain, take a build-up product offer slightly lower prices than competitors and spent more time with enjoying life and family.

Shall someone else care about Onyx users? I donít think so. I really feel responsible for products, sold in our store. This is why we donít offer low cost stuff. I have a dream to be a part of creation process of products, which could fit to all needs of professional users.

I really appreciate those customers, whose decision is based not only on idea to look for discounters, but also means to support and give thanks with their purchase to a seller, who proves with his activity , that he is really dedicated to his customers.
Booxtor, I like your position.

For a device like the M92, my main criterion is not the price but the support available. It's not a perfect device, it must be improved and supported.
In a long term vision, it's most important to support all people ready to give some help to the developpement or the community.

I like the devices "open", I know that the M92 is not fully "open source". The SDK is available, some users maid some usefull tools, if your are enough good, a new firmware could be done - on a device not locked by the buyer.

The M92 must be protected, for other devices I've lost time to search a cover/protection. I prefer an complete offer of good quality. The Booxtor's solution is good for me.

The price isn't the single criterion.

Last edited by Randy11; 10-01-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote