View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Stopping Xorg doesn't work because it keeps ownership of the framebuffer, and SDL waits for it to be freed. The eink algorithmic art scripts can do it because they do not take ownership, or even wait for framebuffer ready.

That is why I ran my SDL code from diags SSH when I played with it back in December, when I first got my K5. No Xorg to choke on. The difficulty of using SDL from K5 main is why I temporarily "abandoned" it in favor of direct framebuffer access. Not using SDL has benefits that can be seen in my gmplay program. Faster, and runs "everywhere".

And that is why I recommended replacing video SDL calls in prboom with my GMLIB code from my newtrix demo. But we still need SDL working (someday) if we want DosBox and Qemu working on our eink kindles.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-30-2012 at 10:06 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote