View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
mickael28
mickael28 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Thanks exscentric, but I think you're talking about the /extsdcard that we can easily removed from the device?

This problem is from the internal memory (which is mounted by the PE as /mnt/sdcard), so I was trying to somehow try to repair it with unix tools before considering disassembling it (which can be another problem all together as I don't have a clue about where to start).

I've noticed that the contents that are mounted in /mnt/sdcard are currently being accessible via an explorer browser in the location /intsdcard.

Other information that could be useful is that the mount command returns:
Quote:
/dev/block/loop0 /intsdcard vfat rw,noatime,nodiratime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_ utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
but now I don't know how to progress any further. I've tried running the the following commands but they don't seem to be executed with different errors:
Quote:
$ fsck /dev/block/loop 0
fsck: can't read '/etc/fstab': No such file or directory
fsck: fsck.auto: No such file or directory

$ fsck /insdcard
fsck: can't read '/etc/fstab': No such file or directory
fsck: fsck.auto: No such file or directory

$ shutdown -F now
shutdown: not found
Any other idea with the info provided?

If the only solution could be to disassemble the PE, any good manual to see what I should be doing?

Surprised that everything stopped working when the PE shutdown during a file transfer, so fragile! :S

Last edited by mickael28; 09-30-2012 at 06:55 AM.
mickael28 is offline   Reply With Quote