I produce EPUB with embedded fonts. According to our MR wiki, if I wish iBooks to use my "specified fonts", I need to add to META-INF a com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file with the following text.
I would like to know what is the simplest and easiest way to do it. What I tried (which failed) is:
- rename epub to zip and extract here.
- open META-INF and add the com.apple.ibooks.display-options.xml file
- create a new folder. Name it.
- insert the new META-INF folder (with the new file)
- insert mime and OEBPS folders
- compress to zip
- rename to EPUB.
Easy to do but, it does not work. Something in the above process is wrong and the newly created EPUB can't be opened.
PS: XML processing instructions in all my EPUBs begin with:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
I do not know if this may conflict with the new com.apple file.