View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
chaley
"chaley", not "charley"
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by edebill View Post
I assume that means I'll need to specify the computer's IP address in the Calibre Companion app. That's not as convenient, but if it's a choice between typing in an IP address and not having it work, I know what I'll choose

Thanks,
Erik
You won't necessarily need to use a fixed IP address. Because of the problems with bonjour (and there are many), we built a quick & dirty UDP broadcast scheme that CC uses to find calibre in addition to bonjour. This was released around a month ago, and immediately the CC connection problems plummeted. The success of this scheme is why I am willing to make bonjour failure non-fatal.

The 'non-fatal bonjour error' fix is in calibre's 'trunk', available now if you run from source.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote