View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 PM   #55
Francois_C
Connoisseur
Francois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipseFrancois_C can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Huh, that's weird! Do you read kepubs or sideloaded books? I don't have any delays anywhere any more, in either...
I never purchased a single kepub as I noticed the choice was still poor for French books and the display was not satisfactory with all samples I tried when I purchased the reader (poor layout, no justify, display and gross typographic errors with firmware 1.9x: this was not commercial quality at all, not professional work. Maybe this is better now, but a scalded dog fears cold water).
So only sideloaded books. On my SD card. Maybe it depends upon the encoding.
The two books I have read yesterday had no issue, but where rather short ones.
The last time I met the issue was with a big one (around 400 pages of a paper book), which seems very lightly encoded, with hardly any useless code, created with Writer2xhtml (from an OpenOffice document). I opened it in Sigil, hoping to lighten it, but found nothing to remove...
Francois_C is offline   Reply With Quote