Thread: Which Are You?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #55
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
My household has a composer of heterogeneous devices. We have a little bit of everything Linux, Windows, Android, iOS. My preference is Linux/Android because they make life easier. They're easy to use and play nice with the world because they rely on open standards. I find iOS is like pulling teeth hard to get these devices to work well and difficult to integrate in the network, Tough as stand alone devices they work great, once you get past hurdle of setting them up.

I always find it interesting when folks say "I'm too invested..." in solution xyx. I don't know if they truly feel like they are or are using that as an excuse for not opening up to a new alternative. Kind of like when I hear "I'm too busy..."

When looking at how much one has invested in the software most folks don't spend all that much maybe $50, $100 in apps over the course of several years. Yet tablets and phones cost several hundred and folks are often buying several of them for their family or for upgrades. The point I'm making is the software cost is much smaller than the actual hardware, folks really shouldn't get held up by the cost of the software. Look more at if the system hardware & software meet you need then make the transition. And don't think twice about having to repurchase the software.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 09-28-2012 at 06:40 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote