View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #35
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Okay, but it didn't seem to me that that was DiapDealer's objection when he quoted that line. I have bought one book with DRM in my life, and that was through Google Play because I could read it via a web browser without having to try to deal with the DRM (I use Linux on my desktop). The browser app requires you to be logged into Google Play, and only shows you two pages at a time (perhaps even as an image rather than text), without giving you any option of downloading anything permanent. That's essentially the system that Giggleton is describing. I know it would be complicated and expensive to build such a site, but I don't see it as an insane idea.
Given Google's market share, it's obviously not a very successful idea. But mostly, Giggles is just clueless, as usual, and any effort he made would likely be so poorly implemented as to be a hazard to the internet at large.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote