View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #230
sombreastre
Enthusiast
sombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheesesombreastre can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 4 | kobo glo(?)
[OT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Oh thank you! I didn't know about librivox. Interesting!
You're welcome. If I may voice a suggestion, be picky with the reader. Once you find a good one, usually all of their works are top-notch(I've also listened to audiobooks sold from amazon, and well, they have nothing less than those, and sometimes are even better actually).

For names of readers from the old guard who've done a lot in there and who always deliver professional content, search for Elizabeth Klett, Mark F. Smith(his Great Expectations is just perfect), Mark nelson(ghost|scifi|horror|vanilla short story collections of any kind) and many others I can't remember now (you may search the catalog by reader instead of by author).

Also, you may want to stay clear of books read by multiple readers at first, unless they're collections or poetry.

[END OT]

Last edited by sombreastre; 09-28-2012 at 09:48 AM.
sombreastre is offline   Reply With Quote