View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #215
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you mean by "copyright apologists"? I think the overwhelming majority of people would say that some form of copyright is necessary to protect literary (and other) creative works. And yes, DRM is necessary too, if you want to be able to borrow eBooks from the library, or rent textbooks from Amazon.
I would mean a person that defend any copyright law. A copyright law cannot be wrong so they must find stranger and stranger arguments for it.

And you are wrong that DRM are necessary. I would say that a lot of other methods would work. You fallacy is arguing from personal ignorance or whatever it is called.