View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #33
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Yes, I know. That's why I want to know the rate.

If you look at the 5th post in this thread, I've applied the Australia import GST to the distributor cost of the device.

In order to work out a formula, I have to figure out the difference between the Canadian and Australian (and other countries) import duties.

The Australian import duties are effectively 10%. If the Canadian is also 10%, then the import fees should not be a factor in the difference in the retail prices. If the Canadian fee is 5%, then there is approx $3-4 of additional cost in Australia.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote