View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
I think you can do a fixed layout via KF8, which is the replacement format some Kindles can use rather than the older mobi format. As @susan_cassidy mentioned no Kindle eInk device can view an ePub. You must convert ePub to mobi or KF8 and only KF8 would have the fixed layout ability.

Unfortunately I cannot help you on fixed layout in KF8 as I've never attempted it.

EDIT: Oops I didn't see one of your questions. AFAIK, the K3 (Kindle Keyboard), K4S and K4B (kindle non-touch models both silver and the newer black), Kindle Touch, and Kindle Paperwhite can view KF8 and I assume KF8 with a fixed layout. All the Kindle Fire models should be able to read KF8 with a fixed layout. I'm not certain about which Kindle apps (Kindle for PC, Mac, iOS, Android, etc.).

Last edited by jswinden; 09-27-2012 at 03:47 PM.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote