1. Back in the day when they played two single matches, one player beat the Golden Bear in two straight matches, despite Jack Nicklaus specifically requesting a re-match. Who was that player?
Brian Barnes and he didn't have ice tea in his flask.
2. Who was the first player, since becoming US vs Europe to take all available 5 points in a Ryder Cup?
Larry Nelson, yet he still hasn't captained a US team. Point for Fbone
3. Who on the European team was voted out by his team mates because he had played most of his tournmaents outside Europe?
Severiano Ballesteros, yes the stalwart of European competitiveness in Ryder Cup was voted out of the team because he preferred to play in the US where purses were much larger. Point for Fbone
4. The first European win on US soil came after a US player was so disgusted with his putting that he broke the shaft of his putter in disgust and had to putt with a 1 iron. Who got so maddenly angry?
Gentle Ben Crenshaw, who knew so much anger boiled under the surface. Point for Fbone.
5. Who was the oldest player in the Ryder Cup and how old was he when he played?
Raymond Floyd at 51, Not a bad accomplishment to play the Senior Tour and Ryder Cup. Points for Fbone.
6. What golf course has hosted the most Ryder Cups?
Belfry, despite hosting all those Ryder Cups it still isn't considered one of the great courses, but Seve always went for the green on the par 4 tenth hole. Point for Bilbo1967.
7. What American player holds the record for most lost points for his team?
Phil Mickelson. He obviously has problems with match play despite his magical touch around the greens. Point for Fbone
8. In 2002 Phil Mickelson lost his singles match to a European, wht is his name?
Phillip Price. Never heard of again. Fbone one point
9. What was his world ranking at the time?
119th, no longer even on OWGR.
Last edited by Kumabjorn; 09-27-2012 at 03:19 PM.