View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:34 AM   #21243
Rumpelteazer
Wizard
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 Black, Kobo Aura HD
Last night my city football/soccer team, FC Utrecht, played against their "arch enemy" (according to various news websites) Ajax from Amsterdam in the Utrecht stadium. After Ajax scored their third goal the Utrecht "fans" started misbehaving; singing racist songs and throwing items and fireworks on the pitch. The referee stopped the game for fifteen minutes to cool down the "supporters". Eight people were arrested.

What makes me really angry was the reaction of the boss of FC Utrecht. He told the media that maybe next time it might be a better idea not to allow Ajax fans into the stadium. He acknowledges that they weren't the ones misbehaving, but "they evoke those feeling in the Utrecht fans". Normally when fans misbehave they get a ban to enter the stadium for a certain amount of time but the Utrecht boss said that wasn't possible this time because so many people were misbehaving, they are going to think about how to deal with what happened last night.

I'm fuming because IMHO they should ban all Utrecht fans from visiting any game for a while. Last year they rioted at a game, injuring 8 police officers. I realize that real fans, that don't misbehave, will be affected by this but if you can't/won't identify the culprits it shouldn't result in no one being punished, especially with the recent history of misbehaving.
Rumpelteazer is online now   Reply With Quote