View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #804
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Well, after much, much hard work, it is finally here! OH MY GOD that was hard work. Bluefire REader V 1.8 is now available on the iTunes App Store. New stuff includes:
Export highlights and annotations to email
Share excerpts on Twitter, email, Facebook
Definition Lookup using Google Define
Easy Highlighting
Chinese, Japanese, Korean language support including vertical writing, R2L page order, Ruby, Kenten, Kinsoku, etc.
System fonts as font face choices (way more font choices now - some cool, some crazy like All Caps fonts, etc - plus all kinds of "special characters" now work - and a ton of additional languages)
Text search results in EPUB as list with Chapter, page# and excerpt
Collections! It is kind of like ibooks, but I think it is even better. Books can exist in multiple collections, and it is really easy to add/remove books (will be even better when we add a filter/search feature)
I know it has been a long wait, but I hope folks really like the new features. We prioritized many of these features based on comments I got here on this forum.

Bad News: No, we have not yet figured out how to fix the problem with jailbroken devices, not for lack of trying for sure. We'll go back to that drawing board now, and dig really deep to try to fix it. It is maddening, and really impacts our ratings and reviews (even though I judge that to be a little unfair)

If you like the new features, please, please rate and review the app on iTunes. We really have worked our asses off to provide a nice EPUB app to our users. We could really use some encouragement to keep at it.

Happy Reading!
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote