View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 01:06 PM   #92
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 650, iPad, GS3, Kindle PW
It was pretty simple. I love to read, and I love gadgets, combine that with having recently moved 1,200 mis. and the fresh reminder of how heavy boxes and boxes of books are made me long for the new reading gadget. The Librie was fresh on the scene, but not in the US. When the Sony 500 came to the US, for the cost vs. available reading material, I couldn't justify it to myself. When the Sony 505 came out, I was in love! I still held back after weighing the cost and the fact that ebooks were the same price as hardbacks, but when prices came down, almost 2 years later, I bought my first Sony 505 and was in love! My appetite was not satisfied, so a few weeks later, I bought a Sony 700. I thought I was sated, until Sony announced their brand new 600, with an integrated dictionary, a couple of months later. I couldn't resist! I wanted it! My beau told me I was acting a bit like an addict. I convinced him that I only liked Sony readers and that they won't come out with a new reader for another year or two. Satisfied with my reply, he said he wanted to buy me a present anyway and told me to use his credit card when I ordered it.

After the let down from the 600, I was cured for a while. I picked up a used Kindle 2 a few months later, only because Amazon wouldn't let me buy Kindle books unless I owned one, and they had a couple of ebooks that I wanted. Later on that year, Sony came out with the 650, and of course.... I had to have it. Sony had a trade in program, which gave me a $75 credit w/ the trade in of my broken blue 505. With the price drop of ereaders, and compared to what I was used to paying, I got a great deal.

Since then, it seems, Amazon has been reading Mobileread and listening to what many of us have been asking for, which is a "Sony Kindle". With the blending of my beloved Sony 700, and my eh Kindle 2, emerges the Kindle Paperwhite. Plus, it has a better screen than either of the former readers and I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands!

Last edited by SolRaven; 09-26-2012 at 01:10 PM.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote