Originally Posted by hippy dave
sorry if that wasn't very clear
i downloaded this:
unpacked it with kindletool, and un-tar-gz'd the contents - a folder called webkit, containing:
browserd (hacked browser daemon)
libwebkit.so (hacked library)
README (text file full of crazy foreign characters that os x wasn't having any of :) )
remove (uninstall script)
webpatch (activation/deactivation script)
the hacked library works on my kindle, the hacked daemon doesn't, was just wondering if anyone knew what was actually changed in the daemon.
Not my package, just a link I found for someone else earlier in the thread where you found the link.
The crazy characters tell you about the author: Yetist.
From the download link page: click Source, click Changes, that should give you a lead on what was changed.
Those will be the changes made as the repository saw them, but most authors start out by populating the repository with the original code.
(No, I didn't check back to see if Yetist did it that way, I had to leave something for you to click yourself.)