View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #144
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
In my understanding MR is a forum for ebooks and ebook reading. Now it's being inundated with threads about a phone. Relevance for ebooks? Nil.
It does seem rather pathetic to use terms like "hater" just because people are critical of the newest gadget produced by some multinational. To use such language indicates that some people do not look at this on a very rational level.

BTW, I am grateful to Apple for a very enjoyable Sunday morning, though. Looking at Apple maps on my wife's iPad was quite entertaining: seaside resorts moved inland, world heritage sites moved to other cities etc. It's amazing. There also has to be some awesome new app that manages to make recent satellite images look like WWII material.
My brother in law who has long had a love affair with all things Apple, back to the days of the IIe, says that people don't understand the new map system. The relocated sights and scenes aren't errors, they are features designed to make your vacation trips more exciting.

"Oh look, I sure didn't expect to see that lake where the city was supposed to be."
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote