View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 02:45 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
Mrs_Often's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,310
Karma: 1495609
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
I'm still a bit up in the air. I'm using the iPad app and I'm not crazy about the way it displays pages in chapter instead of the entire book. I also don't like that every time it rolls to a new chapter it goes through this 'loading' process.

These are minor things, but I'm a details person.
Yes. I really really really dislike the page numbers per chapter too. Drives me crazy. Currently reading a book, and I know I'm 35% done, but I have NO idea how long the other 65% will last as I've no idea how many book pages the book has. Sigh.

Luckily, the page numbers are only displayed by chapter for the kepubs. Any sideloaded epubs will just normally show pages per total book pages, and there won't be any annoying loading of each chapter (I don't like that either). Books you do buy from Kobo, you can download the DRM epub as well, and then sideload the book to read instead of reading the kepub: problem 'solved.'

I do wish Kobo would make the numbers per chapter thing optional though. Or at least display the total page numbers somewhere... Or have it be a choice to either have numbers per chapter or per total.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote