View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #49
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by signum View Post
(The messages were flying by so fast on my screen, I couldn't read them all. I assume that if anything were *really* wrong it would have bailed out early with an error message.)
There shouldn't be any build errors with Sigil itself. However, Sigil does bundle the third party libraries it uses. They will be used if not already installed on your system. Boost shows a large number warnings when building. Since this is a third party library they will remain until upstream fixes them.

Also, if there is a serious error the build process will stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signum
if you are using the Gnu make and have a multi-core processor, change the "make install" step to "make -j 2 install", for instance.
The recommendation is, number of cores + 1. Dual core system should be using -j3 and a quad core with hyperthreading should be using -j9.