View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Okay, I'll have a stab at this.

@techiemonkey much of the stuff that requires extra fiddling (I.E plugging into the new launcher, or changes to the way the graphics/input is processed) is PROBABLY that same work over and over.

That is to say: Look at an APP a developer HAS ported over to the 5 and DIFF it against the source code for the 3 version.

In that way you can get a sense of what has been REQUIRED changes (and possibly some fluff)

If you managed to find a couple of ports that you could "diff" ( I use Meld myself ) then even without a real sense of "what the code does" you could get an idea of "which bits always change"

I know you are trying to become a developer (heck I listed my bookshelf to you, you know how annoying and eyebag inducing it can be) - much of the typical requests of devs are:

"I wan't the moon on a stick. preferably a blue one, but tomorrow, for free"

So you can see why the stock "No, Do it Yourself!" answers can get either tiresome or silly.

FWIW. I am actually in the process of doing exactly this.
But don't throw rocks or expect results instantly - I too have to sit down and do EXACTLY what I have just described above

Does it sound like fun? The kind of thing you might want to do - say versus watching a new movie or spending time on the xbox? if that answer is "No" then you can see why projects fail and stuff doesn't get finished.

All that said if you DID!!!! do some of the work above. that would help others (including me) AND YOU!!! also you can have the

"Unicorn on a Stick, preferably not in a can" much quicker.

figure out the FB (eink) differences or alternate system paths.. etc..

DOCUMENT IT in a public place...

It all helps...

That's my - hopefully constructive - input.

Cheers

Last edited by twobob; 09-22-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: DOCUMENT IT!!!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote