View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:32 PM   #66
SteveEisenberg
Wizard
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
Win8 has a classic desktop mode, but it's not a theme, it's a program that runs in Win8. And, apparently, it can't bet set to run automatically on start up .
Much of the great flexibility of Windows, as well as it's tendency to get bogged down over time, comes from the ease with which programmers can put their creations in the startup. I don't know about Windows on ARM, but on Intel or AMD processors, all you would have to do is put a program that presses the Window key, and then D, in the startup. I mean no endorsement of the program in my next link, but this shows people are doing it:

http://www.softwarecrew.com/2012/08/...p-metro-suite/

If you really want to go retro, I can't see why you couldn't put opening, and maximizing, the command (MS-DOS) window in the startup.

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 09-22-2012 at 09:40 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote